Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Interview with Bill McBride of Calculated Risk by Joe Weisenthal
But the state and local gov’t drag is pretty much over, and getting rid of that is really going to help and then of course, housing is a big plus.

...
A lot of it is simple. I read a lot of different economists to try to understand theory, because I’m not an economist – I have an MBA – I kind of understand business, I’ve always been good with numbers, but I read economic theory and I’m glad to read…when we were going into this crisis, I was reading Krugman all the time because it was clear to me that he had a handle on what was going on, from what was going to happen to interest rates….I’d read what he would write and read what other people would write and go, this makes a lot more sense to me. And all that has worked out.

(via DeLong and Krugman)

No comments: