Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Euron Greyjoy

Euron Greyjoy in season 6 episode 2

Euron stops Balon on a bridge between the castle's towers in a storm.

Balon:   Let me pass. Step aside for your king.

Euron.   Haven't I always, brother?

Balon:   I thought you'd be rotting under some foreign sea by now.

Euron:   What is dead may never die.

Have the customs changed since I've been gone? Aren't you supposed to repeat the words.

Balon:   You can mock our God without my help.

Euron:   I don't mock the Drowned God ... I *am* the Drowned God. From Oldtown to Qarth when men see my sails ... they pray.

You're old, brother. You've had your time. Now let another rule.

Balon:   I've heard you lost your mind during a storm on the Jade Sea. Your crew tied you to the mast to keep you from jumping overboard.

Euron:   They did.

Balon:   And when the storm passed, you cut out their tongues.

Euron:   I needed silence.

Balon:   What kind of Ironborn loses his senses during a storm?

Euron:   I am the storm, brother. The first storm and the last, and you're in my way.

Balon stabs at Euron with his dagger and Euron throws him over the edge.


No comments: