Thursday, September 15, 2011


How cool is Michelle Forbes? (She's an Emmy nominee for best supporting actress in a drama for her work in "The Killing.")
Q.You were also on “Star Trek: The Next Generation.” Do you still get cornered by Trekkies?
A. Yeah a little bit, all these years later.
Q. What’s that like?
A. It’s… It’s… You know… That’s nice [laughs]. It’s like talking about a different person — I was such a kid when I did that show.
Q. You had a stint on “Battlestar Galactica,” too. Are you actively seeking obsessive fan bases?
A. No, no. The fear with those massive, rabid fan bases is that they can also turn on you quite quickly.
Q. This is your first Emmy nomination — are you going to go to the ceremony?
A. Nah. [laughs] Of course I’m going! What’s so great about these things and the awards season is it feels like one big long reunion. You run into everyone you’ve worked over the past two-and-a-half decades. It’s great.
Q. Are there any television creators that you particularly admire right now?

A. Alan Ball [“True Blood,” “Six Feet Under”] is definitely one; I would jump to work with him again. Ron Moore, from “Battlestar,” I think is really kind of a genius in the way he wove that story. I hear Tom Fontana [“Oz,” “Homicide: Life on the Street”] is coming back with a series and I’m so happy, because I’ve missed his voice on television. Vince Gilligan [“Breaking Bad”] I really admire. There are so many.
Q. What about other actors?
A. One is Melissa Leo and one is Mary McDonnell. Edie Falco is another one. They’re just extraordinary actors and they’ve always stood by their work. They work on amazing projects and they’ve never lost their integrity throughout their careers.
Q.What do you watch on TV?
A.I’ve been watching “Game of Thrones,” and I can’t wait for “Bored to Death” to come back, it’s one of my faves. I’m not a huge fan of reality television but I just found a show that I think is really important for America called “Downsized.” It’s just about a normal American family and their kids aren’t drunks, and they’re not all going out to nightclubs. It’s just about a family trying to get through this painful and awkward time we’re in. I couldn’t believe that something this honest was around when everyone’s eyes are pinned to “The Jersey Shore.”

Q.“Important” isn’t a word that is often applied to reality shows.
A. Yes, most of them are only important in that they help us realize how far we’ve fallen.

No comments: